Verrado’s most anticipated party of the year is coming up on April 5-7, 2013!
The extraordinary weekend-long celebration honors the Verrado community’s unique heritage and pioneers. The weekend line-up includes the following events and activities:
Friday, April 5th
– 7:30 pm: Residents will dress to impress for the Cocktail Party at the Raven Golf Club at Verrado; this event kicks off the community’s much loved annual weekend celebration.
Saturday, April 6th
– 9:00 am: The Park Hop celebrates the community’s unique open spaces by visiting Hillcrest Park, Franklin Terrace, Turtles Landing, and Tempo Park.
– 5:00 pm: Block Party on Main Street and the Village Green – the area will be abuzz with games, activities, and entertainment.
– 5:30 pm: Residents will applaud their talented neighbors at the Resident Variety Show at 5:30 pm on the Village Green
– 8:00 pm: Verrado’s Headline performer, acclaimed Canadian singer, songwriter, and guitarist Steven Page, will rock the Village Green.
Sunday, April 7th
– 11:00 am: The Community Picnic at Founder’s Park invites residents to pack a lunch or purchase tasty eats from Bashas’ at the park. Fun activities for all ages include the Neighborhood Spirit Award; the BBQ Rib Competition; the bean bag toss competition; an “Outlaw Chili” competition where anything goes; and an opportunity to engrave your name on a Founder’s Day Legacy Brick.
Want to get into the Founder’s Day spirit? Commemorative t-shirts are available on verrado.net for $12, sizes adult small to XXXL are available.
Founder’s Day at Verrado is hosted by the Verrado Assembly and Verrado’s community partners. The events are open to residents and their guests – advance registration is required through verrado.net. To learn more about Founder’s Day or the verrado community, visit www.verrado.com.