Founding Victory Residents Engage in Verrado Leadership Program
Many of Victory’s founding residents are already finding ways to get involved in the community and experiencing the extraordinary connections that have been a staple of life in Verrado for a decade now. Verrado Leadership has been integral to creating those connections and Victory residents are already joining, eager to begin welcoming and engaging the growing number of new neighbors.
The mission of VERRADO LEADERSHIP is to cultivate a leadership community. Members serve as a liaison between their neighborhood and the Verrado Assembly, while actively pursuing opportunities to fulfill three important roles:
- Provide a warm welcome to all new neighbors.
- Be a neighborhood organizer by coordinating exciting neighborhood block parties and supporting community programs and volunteer efforts.
- Serve as an ambassador for the Verrado Assembly by being empowered with the latest information, through unique access to community partners and participating in exclusive behind-the scenes tours.
Since they are likely to greet you at your doorstep with an apple pie and a smile when you move to Victory, we thought you might like to meet these outgoing trailblazers.
Pat Martin, Litchfield Park, AZ
- Favorite Place to Dine: Bella Luna
- Interests: Home projects, sailing, walking and biking
- What brought you to Victory? The people and the view.
Bill Alford, California
- Favorite Place to Dine: There’s not an easy answer, as it depends on the cuisine I’m in the mood for. I like Mexican, Greek, German, Italian, Asian and American.
- Interests: Art, I just started painting. My favorite activity is preaching the Gospel to inmates, which I do once or twice a week. This is an activity my wife and I have both been involved with for over 20 years.
- What brought you to Victory? The people (including those in other districts). The people are friendly, helpful and very fun. The setting in Verrado is nothing other than “Family” oriented. It’s a great place to live!
Diane Alford, Iowa
- Favorite Place to Dine: Anywhere they have great Mexican food.
- Interests: Outside sports, aerobics, pickle ball, hiking, and knitting, etc.
- What brought you to Victory? The people.
Michael Hawks, Castle Rock, CO
- Favorite Place to Dine: Litchfield’s at the Wigwam.
- Interests: Golfing/trap shooting/fishing/hot rods. I just got connected with the Verrado Car Club.
- What brought you to Victory? All my new friends and The Big Patio.
Anne Hawks, Maquoketa, IA
- Favorite Place to Dine: Either Litchfield’s at The Wigwam Resort or Tempo in Verrado
- Interests: Music – specifically choral music/vocal music and playing the piano. I’ve sung professionally and I’ve also had many choral conducting experiences (I founded a Children’s Choir in Iowa, and I hope to find one here in Verrado in the very near future).
- What brought you to Victory? The spectacular views and the wonderful people we’ve met!
Welcome new residents, and thank you for your leadership!