Hard as it may be to believe, we’re almost to the half-way point of summer. No need to worry though, we’re here to help make it easy to squeeze as many memories as possible into the remaining days – and nights. Enjoy live music on Main Street, great deals on dining out, memorable moments with neighbors, and more! Make sure you check out all the activities and events at Verrado all summer long.
Nights Out, All Summer Long
The best thing about summer might just be the nights, and there are plenty of ways to enjoy Verrado especially after dark. As the day cools down and daylight lingers, the possibilities for what you can do to fill your evening hours seem endless, and they almost are. There are a hundred ways to spend them, so make a plan and let’s take advantage of every single one before it’s time to go back to school (and work).
Things to Do for the Kids
• Family Moonlight Hikes – Take advantage of the opportunity to get out and hike under the moonlight as a family at White Tank Mountains Regional Park. Spot bats and other nocturnal creatures for a truly unique perspective on the desert.
Date: 7/11/2014 & 8/8/14
Time: 7:30 PM – 9:30 PM
Registration Required: No
Fee: $6/vehicle park entry fee
Location: White Tank Mountain Regional Park
• Kids Eat Free – Every Monday at Tempo.
• Stargazing – Grab a blanket and your camp chairs and head to White Tank Mountains Regional Park to explore the skies with experienced astronomers. August 16 from 7:30-9:30 pm.
• Movie Night – Take the kids to White Tank Mountains Regional Park’s Nature Center Classroom on August 2nd for the 2 pm screening of Rango, and of course, popcorn and snacks. Find what’s playing and when.
Things to Do for the Adults
• Live Music – Between Verrado Grille & Tempo, you can catch live performances right in the neighborhood every Friday and Saturday night, all summer long.
• Volunteer Opportunities – Make a difference lending a helping hand at the Phoenix Rescue Mission.
• Happy Hour and So Much More – It wouldn’t be summer without signature refreshments. Drink in deals on sangria, mojitos, and more with delicious summertime specials at Grazie, Tempo, and The Verrado Grille.
• Moonlight Hikes – The adults-only version of our Family Moonlight Hikes, spend some time exploring under the stars without the little ones to keep an eye on. Join us for a 1 1/2 mile hike on the Waddell Trail and be sure to bring a flashlight, your scorpion light, and wear closed-toe shoes.
Date: 7/12/2014 & 8/9/14
Time: 7:30 PM – 9:30 PM
Speaker: Jessica Bland and Joe Weber
Location: White Tank Mountain Regional Park, Area 4
Be sure to check our upcoming events calendar, contact us to learn more, or sign up for our Verrado News and Events newsletter so you don’t miss a moment of the action during Verrado’s summer nights.